Online Backup sites offer a great (sometime free) way to protect your computer from losing files and data. For example:
1) Viruses can wreck your files
2) Hard drive failure - Hard drives wear out. They are a complex mechanism of moving parts. They are eventually bound to fail. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating a fact.
3) Lightening can drive your computer nuts. I can't tell you how many hard drives I've lost over the years to due lightening. Even with the greatest of surge surpressors they can still lose their mind.
4) Other weather disasters such as a flood, earthquake, etc... Everybody has some natural disaster in their area to deal with.
5) And yes... even the most skilled computer nerd can accidentally delete files permanently. It does happen.
Consider what would happen if your data was comprimised. Or if you simply lost it due to an accident or disaster. You need protection. You need an online backup site.
What are the benefits to using an online backup site like ClubBackup.com?
1) They are cheap. Sometimes free. At clubbackup.com you get 1 GB of free space and 20 GB for $4.95/month. That's enough for most people.
2) You don't ever have to worry about swapping out CD's or tapes. Your data just gets uploaded securely and invisibly to you.
3) It's a "set it and forget it" solution. Once you set up the software you never ever have to worry about it again.
I hope this has helped educate you on the need for online backups. Please consider using ClubBackup.com for your online backup needs. It's free until you decide you need more than 1 GB. Then prices start at $4.95.
Have a good weekend!