Friday, February 29, 2008
1) Viruses can wreck your files
2) Hard drive failure - Hard drives wear out. They are a complex mechanism of moving parts. They are eventually bound to fail. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating a fact.
3) Lightening can drive your computer nuts. I can't tell you how many hard drives I've lost over the years to due lightening. Even with the greatest of surge surpressors they can still lose their mind.
4) Other weather disasters such as a flood, earthquake, etc... Everybody has some natural disaster in their area to deal with.
5) And yes... even the most skilled computer nerd can accidentally delete files permanently. It does happen.
Consider what would happen if your data was comprimised. Or if you simply lost it due to an accident or disaster. You need protection. You need an online backup site.
What are the benefits to using an online backup site like ClubBackup.com?
1) They are cheap. Sometimes free. At clubbackup.com you get 1 GB of free space and 20 GB for $4.95/month. That's enough for most people.
2) You don't ever have to worry about swapping out CD's or tapes. Your data just gets uploaded securely and invisibly to you.
3) It's a "set it and forget it" solution. Once you set up the software you never ever have to worry about it again.
I hope this has helped educate you on the need for online backups. Please consider using ClubBackup.com for your online backup needs. It's free until you decide you need more than 1 GB. Then prices start at $4.95.
Have a good weekend!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
1) In Print Screen Deluxe make sure you have the "What am I capturing?" set to Rectangle.
2) Hit the
3) Draw a rectangle around the logo or image you want to copy.
4) The Print Screen Deluxe window will appear (if you have "Auto Popup" enabled) containing your logo that you just captured.
5) Click Resize, and size it for your needs.
6) Click Copy, then go to Power Point and click Paste.
Also we received a very nice email from a customer this week. We sent a few emails back and forth solving a problem he had with EZ Macros. He eventually did get his macro to work the way he wanted. But in the process I gave him a refund for his troubles.
Brad P. in Salt Lake City, UT writes:
"It's great to know that there's other people out there who have integrity. Sometimes good integrity is difficult to find these days.It sounds like you have good morals and that you strive to do what's right. "
Thanks Brad! We really do try. I'm a firm believer in the Golden Rule. It's just good business.
Have a great week!